Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thank you Sally for the award! Here are my nominations, and 7 things about me!





I'm supposed to do the following :

1. Thank the person giving the award. Thank you Sally sooo much for this nomination!
2. Share 7 things about yourself. (read below)

3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about the award.
Ok, so on to the 7 things about me...
1. I really strongly dislike fake people. I would rather someone be real with me, then pretend to be something they are not. Being in full time ministry, we see our share of fake people. And let me tell you it's no fun. Everyday we encounter people that are one way to our face, and then behind our back say some of the most hurtful and nasty things about us.
2. I have a hard time with the fact my parents don't talk to me. I have always tried to please them...and it hurts to know that I don't. And even though they never talk to me, I still try. I say all the time, this will be the last time I try...and a week or two later I try again. They haven't spoken to me in over a year...yet I continually try. I have 3 sisters, and 1 brother. And the one sister, even though she has messed up her life, done and said things constantly that hurt them, they choose her and her kids over the rest of us. After years and years of this, it still hurts. I don't borrow $ from them, I don't run to them over every little issue in my life, my husband and I are paying our own way in life, making our own choices and decisions....and thats the problem. Because I don't run to them for everything...they can't stand it. They are control freaks..and want to control us. It hurts that my daughters will never have them...they don't even send them birthday or christmas cards...it hurts sooo bad.
3. I feel like I am changing. As I lose weight, I feel myself thinking differently, and acting differently. I didn't think losing weight would change me, but it is. In good ways I think. I am coming out of my shell, I am standing up for myself more, I dress to stand out more, not to hide. I am standing up taller, and not afraid to try new things. And while I think all of this is good...it has caused some problems also. But I am not going back to the person who let people walk all over me. I like the new me...and if others don't like it, I almost don't care anymore. Is this good? Probably not...
4. I love to work out now. My favorite is Zumba. I feel strong and sexy when I am doing it. I love getting all sweaty, I love pushing myself, I love the feeling of accomplishment I get afterwards. I am also doing my elliptical regularly now and I love that. And I am also occasionally jogging, which I never thought I would be able to do. I love how I feel when I get finished...and I make sure its a a priority at least 5x a week...I don't ever want to be inactive again!
5. I really don't like my job. Well, let me rephrase that...I don't necessarily hate it, I just hate the fact that I have to work from home. I am thankful I have a job, and I don't mind what I do...but having to do it at home, away from people is what I hate. I was allowed to keep my job when we moved because of my husband changing jobs and we moved to a different state...so I am thankful they allowed me to keep it and do it from home..but I have been working from home now for almost 3 years...I miss people. I miss the chance to advance in my job. I miss dressing up. I miss working in an office enviroment.
6. I LOVE working in youth ministry. I know I have said several things about not liking being in ministry because of the fake people we have to deal with, and how people use us...but I have ALWAYS loved working with teens. I love mentoring them, hanging out with them, I love the all night slumber parties, I love speaking into their lives, I love counseling them....I LOVE every aspect of youth ministry!
7. I really miss the midwest. I think Colorado is beautiful, I love the mountains...but I miss home. I miss real trees. I miss lakes. I miss fishing and camping in the woods. I miss midwest people. The city we live in is small...and the closest mall is 90 min away...I miss malls! Living 30 minutes away from the Mall of America spoiled me....
People here are different...cowboys everywhere...it's just not me...I don't really like it here....
Well, thats some facts about me.
Now for the last part, some blogs that speak to me, I am not going to list 15 here...I am such a rule breaker! I am just going to list a few of the many that speak to me (in no order):
http://justmedrazil.blogspot.com/ her blog speaks to me each and every post...she makes me think and I love reading it!
http://losingweightgainingtons.blogspot.com/ I love reading Sarah's. She was one of the 1st ones I started to read, and I have alot in common with her. She has been such an inspiration to me!
http://lapbandgalsjourney.blogspot.com/ She is having so much success and I love reading hers for the inspiration!
http://thatgirlsforeverdiet.blogspot.com/ She has had so much success to and was one of the 1st ones I followed, and we had some similiar set backs as we both had band issues that we had to get fixed.
http://sallyslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/ I get inspired with her ideas, suggestions and helps. Plus she is at goal, and its awesome to see someone succeed and then continue to succeed!
http://carasquest.blogspot.com/2010/08/fat-days-vs-thin-days.html She has helped me so much on my journey...she understands my situation with my family and I just love her!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your award. I know what you mean about changing. I haven't lost that much, but feel hopeful for the first time in a long time that I won't be obese the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete