Wednesday, September 16, 2009

waiting for possibly 10 days...

I am writing in blue....because I am so blue...

My Dr spoke with the insurance company yesterday, and is going through an appeal process. He is appealing their decision to deny paying for my surgery. He has my policy where it clearly states if my BMI is over 40 I don't have to have co-morbidities. My insurance company Dr that denied my claim said even though my BMI is over 40, since I don't have any co-morbidities and I am healthy, they are not going to pay for the surgery.

I have been so bummed. I basically went off the pre-op diet...my surgery was scheduled for next Thursday, it's not looking like that will happen now. The insurance company told the Dr they would decide in 10 days. I already had everything lined up at work with my days off...also, lets just pretend like my insurance company will decide yes they will pay, I will have to have another EKG, blood work, chest xray & physical because by then mine will be over 30 days old and all that has to be within 30 days of surgery...which will be a ton more $ out of my pocket..which I don't have...

I am blue....bummed.....sad.....depressed.....down in the dumps.

1 comment: