Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Feeling blah...and random....and appearantly losing blubber

I haven't posted in awhile....I'm not sure what is going on, other than to say I am in a funk. It's been so cloudy & cold here, and the sun hasn't been out in awhile...and I hate the month of January and just been feeling blah.

After I hit the excitement of 40lbs down, I have only lost 1.5 since then. I am hoping for a good loss this week. I am still doing the 5 mini meals spread thruout the day....I ate too many carbs last week, and that was reflected by my slow weight loss for the last couple of weeks. So this week I am back to trying to stay away from bread, and other carbs, and focusing on small helpings of protein. I need another fill, my next appt is next Thursday and I can't wait. I am still working out 5 days a week. I am having people notice now, so have been getting some comments....some good, some not so good. One really old lady at church told me last Sunday "There sure is alot less of you now". Another interesting comment I received happend a couple of Sundays ago....I was really cold, and had my coat on trying to warm up before church started and the Sr Pastor said You know why your cold don't you? I said because it's cold in here...he said no, it's because you have lost weight, it's like when a whale looses their blubber.....I was shocked...I was like oh ok..and walked away....that one kinda hurt....but I am getting plenty of nice comments too....
Hoping for a good week this way.....hoping to get out of this funk and kick this depression in the butt!
Have a great day ladies!

5 comments:

  1. January is a rough month, but it's just about over. Then February is a short month, then spring starts in March!

    People can say the most insensitive things. What they're thinking comes out of their mouth in the stupidest way. But I don't think they mean to be hurtful. Try to not let it get to you. You're doing a great job at a very difficult task. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar experience, but I thought it was kind of sweet. I asked the PA at my doctor's office why I was so COLD all the time. She answered, simply, "You've lost your blanket."

    ReplyDelete
  3. January is hard here too - one of the hottest months of the year - but still .. its not WINTER hard. xx

    Seems like spreading those meals out is working for you too. I notice if I cut the carbs it seems to make a difference. But boy, that is really hard to do... I eat more than I actually realised lol. Have a great day, sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a great job. Thanks for the comment and thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one thinking these thoughts too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm right there with you in the funk! Here's praying that it passes by soon!

    ReplyDelete