Monday, April 5, 2010

a HUGE NSV for me

I had such an amazing weekend...that I hated the dreaded Monday to come. But let me share my exciting news with you.

On Saturday, my hubby and I ran to JC Penny's because I had to get something to wear to church Easter Sunday. I was going to have to be on stage singing and I don't hardly have any church clothes right now that fit, they are all too big. So...I don't like going shopping...normally....I hate trying to find something to fit me, I hate trying clothes on...I usually get depressed.

Well, I headed straight to the plus sizes..because that is where I have shopped for sooooo long. I looked at what they had in dresses, and didn't see anything I liked. So I strolled over to the normal side of the store. and saw a really cute dress in an 18. Not plus 18, no W behind the size...just a straight normal size 18. I thought what the heck, I will try it on. And it fit. and it looked great. and I bawled. and so for once, my shopping trip was done in 20 min, the first dress I liked, fit....

And yesterday, I loved how I felt...I felt confident, normal and pretty in my dress. And I got alot of compliments!

It was a great Easter weekend. Now to lose this .5lb to get me to 60 down!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is amazing and I remember how good it felt when I hit 18!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh Babes - I'm sitting here with a big grin on my face. So happy for you!! You are such a clever girl and deserve every single compliment you got. Can we have a pic of you in the dress? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic. You sing? Vlog us baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a greeat NSV!!! Yes lets see the dress. Here is to never seeing teh "W" again

    ReplyDelete