Friday, August 21, 2009

5 weeks from today

5 weeks from today and I will be home recovering from my lapband surgery. I am excited, nervous, and truth be told a little scared. But I am moving forward and am not looking back. My Dr's office called today to confirm all my upcoming appointments & surgery date....all is a go!

So, to get myself prepared I will be giving up my coffee starting Monday, thats going to be really hard, I love my coffee! But I know I have to give it up, at least for awhile, so going to start now. The following Monday I will give up my pop. That will be even harder, I LOVE diet pepsi, it's my crutch. Giving that up will be really hard...but I can do it, I will just keep my eyes on the goal! I am going to start looking this weekend for good protein drinks/powder and get those purchased. I am not sure what I will do about clothes, I don't have that many to begin with, but as I start losing I will have none, but we will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Well, it's back to work I go.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susie,
    I found you through Amy's blog. If you are feeling like crap and unhappy with your weight and you can't lose it through conventional methods (like most of us) getting the lapband will surely change your life. I cannot say this enough! I am like a new person and I would love you to have this too! I want this for you... because we all need to be a butterfly sometimes.
    Good luck
    PS I will follow your blog so I can pop back in and see your next installments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouraging note! I have tried everything, and nothing ever worked consistently...so I am going forward with the surgery.. I want to be a butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Susie!!!

    Congrats on your upcoming banding!!! You must be so thrilled!!!!! You know what as much as you love Diet Pepsi I loved and still do love diet coke! I didn't give it up prior to surgery I just went cold turkey as of the day of surgery and it has been really easy not to drink it. I still can't believe it! I am so excited to read about your journey!

    my blog - www.ladylapband.com

    ReplyDelete