Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya (I hope) Tomorrow...it's surgery day!

Tomorrow is the day! The big surgery day!

I am so nervous...and excited...but nervous!

I don't know why I do these things to myself, but I went out to lapband talk and started reading all these peoples stories....people who went in for the surgery but the Dr wasn't able to do it because of their liver. Or people who had the surgery but are not losing.....why oh why did I go read all of that. I am already nervous because I was only able to do my preop diet for 8 days total...and my diet was so lenient compared to most...so I think that made it harder to stick with, because I could eat along with drinking my shakes...but overall I did pretty good I think....oh my gosh, that would be so horrible to go in for the surgery but not be able to have it due to fatty liver. And whats the deal with all the people who haven't lost, or who have lost very little after getting banded?? It's kinda scary...I don't want to be one of those people! I want this to work! so bad! I want it so bad! and my fingers & toes are crossed that my liver is not fatty, and that my Dr will be able to do the surgery! I am such a worry wart! I should just slap myself!

3 comments:

  1. Susie,
    You're going to be JUST fine. I don't think you will have to worry about the surgery, there are people that had it done that didn't even do 8 days.. and by the sounds of it.. you've had a good lead up eating wise to the day.
    Those that don't succeed with the band - well, I honestly think they need to go back and look at what they are doing wrong. They MUST be doing something wrong because the band does work if you utilise it properly. And you've done that much reading I imagine you're full bottle (and you want it badly!!) and raring to go.
    Hey, GL for tomorrow!!! See you on the other side where you will join the elite group known as "The Bandsters!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about it... all of us did the LBT thing, and we're all fine... regardless of what happens tomorrow, you WILL be a bandster soon enough. Take care, good luck, and keep us posted! Yippee... another one joins the ranks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all went through exactly what you are going through. It hit me sometime afterwards...Did I really need this, why couldn't I do this myself?? You've prepared yourself well and you are well informed, embrace it and jump over to the other side...with the rest of the bandwagon. You'll love it! GOOD LUCK, you'll be great.

    ReplyDelete